Overcast · 25°
Worth County Transit
The Public Health office requires a 24-hour notice to schedule a trip. To request a ride, call our office at 641-324-1741.
Worth County Transit Service is funded by the North Iowa Area Council of Governments (NIACOG). We adhere to the Region 2 Transit System Policy Program and Procedures of NIACOG.
To ride on the transit, you will need to call the Worth County Public Health office at 641-324-1741 to schedule your ride. The Public Health office requires a 24-hour notice for scheduling purposes.
The fares for the rides are set by NAICOG and are as follows:
- Within County
- Over 60 / Disabled / Student - $2.00 one-way
- General Public - $4.00 one-way
- Outside of County
- Over 60 / Disabled / Student - $3.00 one-way
- General Public - $5.00 one-way
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Worth County has 2 buses for availability. Buses will not run on the legal holidays observed by the Worth County Courthouse. Worth County Transit IS NOT an emergency transport service.
- Riders/Escorts - Allowed only due to age, disability, or medical necessity
- Wheelchairs - Provided by the member
- Car Seats - Provided by the member
- Wait Time - 10 minutes
- Be ready, drivers will leave after the 10-minute window
Funding is available for those with hardships:
- NEMT: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation. This is Medicaid Insurance Transportation. All passengers covered by this insurance are to call the number on the back of your insurance card to request transportation. Questions regarding NEMT please call 641-423-0491.
- Waiver Clients: Please call NIACOG at 641-423-0491 and talk with Teresa Collins to set up transportation for Region 2. Any service received before a Notice of Decision has been made will require the person to pay out of pocket.
Remember to call 24 hours in advance to schedule your ride. Thank you!