Maintenance & Equipment Operator
Summary: This position is responsible for the skilled operation of a variety of equipment such as, but not limited to, tandem or single axle trucks, end loaders, tractors, dozers, motor-graders as necessary in the maintenance and construction activities of the county.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- With minimum supervision installs and repairs road culverts, cleans ditches, loads trucks, place rip rap materials.
- With minimum supervision perform snow removal operations.
- Investigates, reports and takes appropriate actions on deficient roadway issues.
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance of assigned machinery and equipment including but not limited to, changing oil, filters and other engine fluids, greasing vehicles, repairing tire chains and lights, performing battery maintenance and washing and cleaning assigned equipment.
- Completes a written record of the maintenance services performed on each piece of equipment.
- Completes various written work records including, but not limited to, time sheets, log books, equipment service sheets and work orders.
- Performs manual labor including, but not limited to, cutting brush and trees, changing cutting edges, installing, maintaining and removing tire chains, cold patching hard surfaced roads, building and removing fences, changing and repairing flat tires, work associated with repairing drainage structures.
- Controls traffic in construction and maintenance zones or emergency situations.
- Performs maintenance and housekeeping activities when necessary and as directed.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Department: Engineer's Office and Secondary Roads
- Posted: 12/21/22
- Expires: Posted until filled.
All Job Listings