CLOSED FROM 11AM TO 12PM FOR LUNCH
PHONE -641-324-2942 FOR APPOINTMENT.
DRIVE TESTS ONLY AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAYS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
NOT LOCATED IN THE COURTHOUSE
822 Central Ave next to Bean and Bistro
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues vehicle titles, registrations and collects all other vehicle fees
- Collects use tax on title transactions for the Department of Revenue and Finance.
- Collects property taxes, including drainage, mobile homes and city specials.
- Administers the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and distributes all state credits to taxing bodies.
- Prepares and conducts the annual tax sale for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- Financial Administrator for banking, cash management and investments.
- Makes semi-annual reports to Board of Supervisors.
- Distributes all tax collections to schools, cities and all other taxing agencies and other government agencies.
- Issues drivers license, ID’s, duplicate license, handicap devices, administers written and drive tests.
- Collects and receipts all other county office fees.
Pay property taxes and vehicle registrations online: Iowa Treasurer's Home Page